Radisys MediaEngine Virtual Media Server: Putting our Latest Release into “Context”
Our Radisys’ MediaEngine platform is used around the world – in many networks, in many locations within those networks, and for many applications:
- At the edge supplementing SBCs or media gateways transcoding real time and user generated content in high volume
- In the enterprise serving unified communications, contact center, and many other applications
- By over the top (OTT) services for social networking and business services
- To ensure public safety as a key component in critical communications systems for first responders
- By the world’s largest conferencing service providers enabling globe-spanning collaboration
- For user generated content delivery and optimization and for media analytics
With our latest MediaEngine release, we are focused on enabling developers and service providers to put revenue generating ideas like these into practice faster and at a larger scale than ever before. As the communications landscape brings together rich real-time communications with user generated audio and video content, our platform is built to support the next-gen user experience that is built on the “context” in which the user interacts. This could be anything from event-based phone calls or conference calls to anytime interactions such as group chats. MediaEngine provides a holistic media processing platform for all real-time and non-real-time media processing services and applications.
With our transcoding solution, we have proven that scaling media independently of third party signaling and control can save service providers significant OpEx and CapEx. And with this release of our virtual media server, we are separating first party control and media as well, unlocking that same cost savings for many applications.
Breaking Down the Benefits
The MediaEngine Virtual Media Server is the industry’s first decomposed media server platform for NFV. With open APIs, it enables developers to support voice, video and content deliver services with unprecedented scale. This approach brings key benefits, including:
- Unmatched performance and scalability – at par with bare metal servers
- Flexibility in choice of cloud and NFV management environments – including ONAP, ETSI-NFV, Nokia Cloudband, HP OpenNFV VNF management, VMware, RedHat, KVM, OpenStack hypervisors, and Amazon EC2 platform
- Industry-best capacity – six to ten times better capacity than alternative solutions
- Hardware-assist for CapEx and OpEx savings – leverages additional hardware resources, such as DSPs and GPUs, to significantly reduce the datacenter footprint of media server and transcoding resources and save millions of dollars in costs
And while cost savings has been a hallmark of our platform’s position in the market based on our relentless efforts to squeeze even more out of Moore’s Law, this release marks acceleration of our increasing focus on developer enablement. Our vision of many services in many networks powered by our platform depends on applications that not only save our end customers money, but that can generate new revenues, scale on demand, and can be deployed and modified quickly.
I’m excited about all the possibilities and new innovations that this MediaEngine Virtual Media Server will enable. You can learn more by downloading the solution brief here, or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.