Industry-leading Open Data Center Platform Delivers Impactful TCO Advantage with up to 40 Percent Reduction in Annual Operational Expenditures
HILLSBORO, OR, U.S. – September 6, 2017 – Radisys® Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS), a global leader of open telecom solutions, today announced the release of its next-generation DCEngine™ hardware, designed to enable Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to embrace Open Compute Project (OCP) principles in their transition to virtualized data centers and achieve substantial reductions in CapEx and OpEx. DCEngine is based on the OCP-ACCEPTED™ CG-OpenRack-19 specification and supports CSPs transition away from proprietary hardware and vendor lock-in to a data center environment built with open source software and hardware components. The next-generation DCEngine delivers an enhanced rack design infrastructure with superior power system and state-of-the-art Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors. The resulting platform, combined with operations and support modeled after Facebook practices, can bring an annual OpEx saving of nearly 40 percent compared to traditional data center offerings, while reducing deployment time from months to just days.
- CSPs are transforming their Central Offices into virtualized telco data centers that can support rapid innovation and delivery of new 5G applications such as augmented and virtual reality, artificial intelligence, big data analytics, driverless cars and more.
- Radisys’ enhanced next-generation DCEngine delivers a simplified and scalable infrastructure that reduces TCO and can be deployed in days rather than weeks or months.
- Supports Intel Xeon Scalable Architecture-based compute and storage sleds, with a wide range of processing options that can be installed and tuned up inside existing DCEngine systems in minutes.
- Meets CSP requirements for an enhanced, scalable power systems that delivers 25,000W per feed for higher processor density, greater efficiency and lowered expenses as well as DC and AC power entry options suitable for a wide range of environments.
- Delivers an In-rack Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) option to support simplified infrastructure, easy maintenance and lower overhead.
- The final pre-assembled DCEngine rack with no on-site setup, tool-less wire free design, and efficient operation and support model, results in substantial TCO savings compared to traditional data center offerings.
“A majority of operators we recently surveyed plan to convert select Central Offices (COs) into “smart COs” by adding virtualized data centers (DCs). The Radisys DCEngine is a key component for smart COs due to its rack scale design and its support of OCP principles,” stated Michael Howard, senior research director and advisor, carrier networks, IHS Markit. “It is evident that Radisys has a commitment to innovation through open source collaboration, and this will help operators on their path to 5G service delivery.”
“Our CSP customers are requiring open telecom solutions to support their data center transformations, easing their pain points around power and costs, while simplifying their operational complexities,” said Bryan Sadowski, vice president, FlowEngine and DCEngine, Radisys. “With the next-generation DCEngine, combined with Radisys’ deep telco expertise and OCP’s operations/support model, service providers not only get innovation and service agility, but also gain significant TCO savings.”
Radisys’ DCEngine solution is available now. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Radisys helps communications and content providers, and their strategic partners, create new revenue streams and drive cost out of their services delivery infrastructure. Radisys’ hyperscale software-defined infrastructure, service aware traffic distribution platforms, real-time media processing engines and wireless access technologies enable its customers to maximize, virtualize and monetize their networks. For more information about Radisys, please visit www.radisys.com.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.