The second MWC Americas show held in Los Angeles this year is in the books. This year’s theme focused on imagining a better future and the possibilities it will bring. For us at Radisys, we’re not just imagining a better future – we’re creating it now. The future is open and disaggregated, and it will rely on a multi-vendor ecosystem. It will enable service providers around the world to disrupt their networks to break vendor lock-in and drive innovation.
Gaining a Competitive Edge
At MWC Americas, we demonstrated our portfolio of open solutions targeted at the access network and the edge. In the ONF Partner Booth, the Radisys team showcased how a surveillance application can benefit from powerful Multi-Access Edge Computing with media analytics and AI inference for facial recognition. Our solution enables service providers to optimize and monetize media at the edge, while achieving backhaul savings for always-on video surveillance. It also delivers ultra-low latency that 5G networks require.
Neeraj Patel, Radisys’ VP and GM for Software and Solutions, discusses our MEC portfolio with Pipeline Magazine
Accelerating OnGo™ Market Readiness
We also had the opportunity to talk with attendees about our Radisys CBRS Software and Services during the CBRS Alliance Partner Showcase, including a demonstration of our OnGo Test Automation Demo and system integration services for CBRS in neutral host, fixed-wireless access, and private LTE networks. Our test suite will support the OnGo certification program, supporting the delivery of a robust ecosystem of OnGo devices and services in the U.S. CBRS band.
While showcasing our portfolio of open telecom solutions is always valuable, it’s meeting with our customers in person at these industry events to talk about building these future networks for 5G and IoT that I look forward to.
If you didn’t get a chance to meet with us during MWC Americas, we will also be attending and speaking at the following shows this year:
- Open Networking Summit Europe – September 25-27, Amsterdam
- I’ll be presenting on “Driving to the Edge: How Open APIs and Open RAN will Transform Ordinary Parking Lots into Dynamic Data Centers,” on September 25 at 16:50 in Room 104/105.
- SDN NFV World Congress – October 8-12, The Hague,
- Prakash Siva, VP Technology & Strategy, will present: 'Hey Siri, Tell Me About Decomposed Virtualized Media Processing at the Network Edge,’ on October 11, in the Automation Forum at 14:40.
- TIP Summit 2018 – October 16-17, London
- Radisys is a Silver Sponsor for this event, and we’ll be on site to share the inroads we are making to deploy better and more efficient network infrastructure solutions.
- Broadband World Forum – October 23-25, Berlin
- Join me for a panel discussion on “Open Frameworks: The Future of Next-gen Networks or Just an Interesting Science Project?” The panel will take place on Wednesday, October 24th at 14:50.
If you will be attending any of these shows and want to discuss the possibilities of a better future, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting with us today.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Natasha Tamaskar