Partnership provides Communications Service Providers (CSPs) with path to commercial deployments of M-CORD
HILLSBORO, OR and RICHARDSON, TX – November 8, 2017 – Radisys® Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS), the global leader of open telecom solutions, and Mavenir, the leader in accelerating and redefining software network transformation for Communications Service Providers, today announced that they are working together to enable CSPs to commercially deploy an M-CORD (Mobile Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter) open reference solution. Commercially deployable M-CORD solutions will accelerate new innovative use cases, agile service delivery, and ultimately a new value chain for CSPs.
- M-CORD is an open reference implementation for mobile wireless access built on the pillars of open source SDN, NFV and cloud technologies. As the emerging platform for 5G, M-CORD allows CSPs to provide the capabilities needed to unlock innovation across the open networking ecosystem with cloud economies.
- Mavenir’s virtualized Evolved Packet Core (vEPC) is an innovative microservice-based NFV-ready EPC that has been designed from the ground up to operate in virtualized environments. The vEPC, with a split user plane and control plane (CUPS) can scale independently in throughput, transaction rate, and session capacity, providing CSPs with the most flexibility at the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Radisys, as the premier solution integrator of M-CORD, has now integrated Mavenir’s carrier-grade vEPC into its M-CORD distribution. Benchmarking of the solution on 40 cores on M-CORD reference platform shows a performance of 15Gbps+.
- Mavenir’s vEPC integrated with Mavenir’s and Radisys’ field-hardened and globally deployed LTE Cloud RAN solution for virtual BaseBand Units (vBBUs) and bundled with Radisys’ custom development and additional integration services results in a turnkey M-CORD solution that provides CSPs with a viable path to commercial deployment of M-CORD with a carrier-grade EPC and RAN.
- Radisys also offers M-CORD development PODs for CSPs to deploy their own proof-of-concepts. The entire M-CORD solution can run on Radisys’ open compute platform – DCEngine™ which is compliant to the OCP-ACCEPTED™ CG-OpenRack-19 specification – or on CSPs’ preferred hardware platform.
“At Mavenir, we’re committed to helping CSPs virtualize their network infrastructure to enable scalability, agility and the economies of the cloud, and bringing our vEPC to the M-CORD framework supports this mission,” said Ashok Khuntia, GM and executive vice president of Access Products Division, Mavenir. “We have a long-standing relationship with Radisys and are excited to work together to take M-CORD from lab trials to commercial deployments. Radisys’ unsurpassed systems integration expertise is critical to bringing the CORD vision to life.”
“We’re pleased to partner with Mavenir to advance CSPs’ ability to break vendor lock-in, accelerate service innovation and lower CapEx and OpEx through commercial deployment of the M-CORD architecture,” said Neeraj Patel, vice president and general manager, MobilityEngine, Radisys. “The combination of Mavenir’s carrier-grade vEPC and our systems integration expertise for M-CORD will accelerate CSPs path to true network transformation.”
Radisys, a global leader in open telecom solutions, enables service providers to drive disruption with new open architecture business models. Radisys’ innovative disaggregated and virtualized enabling technology solutions leverage open reference architectures and standards, combined with open software and hardware to power business transformation for the telecom industry, while its world-class services organization delivers systems integration expertise necessary to solve communications and content providers’ complex deployment challenges. For more information, visit www.Radisys.com.
Mavenir is a leader in accelerating and redefining network transformation for Service Providers, by offering a comprehensive product portfolio across every layer of the network infrastructure stack. From 4G to 5G application/service layers to packet core and Cloud RAN – Mavenir leads the way in evolved, cloud-native networking solutions enabling innovative and secure experiences for end users.
Through its industry first VoLTE, VoWiFi, Advanced Messaging (RCS), Multi-ID, vEPC, Visual Voicemail and Cloud RAN solutions, and serving 350+ CSPs across 3.5 billion subscribers, Mavenir’s platform enables Service Providers to successfully deliver next generation vision today and realize new revenue streams and operational efficiencies. For more information please visit our website: www.mavenir.com.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. Mavenir, the M logo, and CloudRange are trademarks owned by Mavenir Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.