HILLSBORO, OR, U.S. – February 21, 2019 – Radisys® Corporation, a global leader of open telecom solutions, today announced its showcase of Open Network Disruption technologies at Mobile World Congress 2019. Radisys and its ecosystem partners are enabling service providers to transform their networks with open, software-centric, disaggregated and intelligent RAN and Media Analytics solutions that accelerate innovation and time-to-market. Radisys will demonstrate its open telecom solutions in Hall 5, Stand 5I61, and in partner booths throughout the show floor.
Radisys’ open and disaggregated solution showcase at MWC includes the following:
- 4G/5G Acceleration: A leader in Open RAN industry initiatives,Radisys will demonstrate its first-to-market, 3GPP Release 15 compliant MobilityEngine 5G Software Suite that delivers to service providers a path to 5G with support for both Non-standalone (NSA) and Standalone (SA) deployments. In addition, it will showcase various market-leading demonstrations with ecosystem partners.
- Radisys and Foxconn will demonstrate a 5G connected video surveillance solution with facial recognition deployed at the intelligent edge for Smart Cities. The end-to-end solution uses Radisys’ 4G eNB and 5G gNB software and Foxconn’s BBU, RRH and MEC applications for Industrial IoT. Radisys Stand: Hall 5, Stand 5I61.
- Radisys is participating in the Telecom Infra Project’s (TIP) unique disaggregated network demo that highlights the interoperability of seven different TIP projects to deliver an end-to-end framework for the Core, Transport and RAN. The demo will feature a complete OpenRAN framework, showcasing disaggregation in a multi-vendor environment with Radisys 4G BBU software running on x86 common platform, and other network elements from ecosystem vendors such as an RRH from Baicells. In addition to providing the stack for 4G/5G, Radisys performed end-to-end system integration to create a multi-vendor interoperable solution.
- In-network Media Analytics Innovation for IoT: Radisys’ Media Server software, with embedded real-time advanced speech processing and media analytics, is enabling service providers and system integrators to drive more value for IoT-based services. These new applications create monetization opportunities by delivering cost-effective advanced technologies that were previously cost prohibitive for many innovative applications. Radisys will demonstrate how advanced media analytics is enabling a next-generation safety infrastructure at the intersection of IoT through applications such as voice biometrics and facial recognition-based two-factor authentication, and an IoT-triggered emergency response system with real-time speech and video analytics at the network edge for remote video surveillance. Radisys Stand 5I61.
- Software-defined PON (SD-PON) Solutions: The increasing demand for high-bandwidth triple-play services and advancements in fiber technology are driving a need to transform the broadband access network. Radisys will demonstrate a software-defined passive optical network (SD-PON) solution framework developed to show its support of service providers’ interest in open stack to achieve greater CapEx and OpEx savings, access hardware vendor neutrality, and gain deployment flexibility (at the edge or at the central office) by disaggregating proprietary OLTs into virtualized OLT software and white box OLTs. The demonstration will showcase a triple-play service (Giga-bit High-Speed Internet Access, IPTV, and Video Calling) on an XGS-PON based broadband access network that is disaggregated using a Radisys SD-PON framework with Edgecore disaggregated 10G PON OLT and T&W ONUs and programmed and managed via service provider Element Management System (EMS). Radisys Stand 5I61.
“Our service provider customers and ecosystem partners are together committed to disrupting their networks with open architectures and disaggregated and virtualized solutions to meet the bandwidth and latency demands of 5G services and applications,” said Natasha Tamaskar, vice president, Global Marketing and Sales Strategy, Radisys. “Radisys is a leader in the open ecosystems that are driving this technology revolution, and our enabling technologies for 5G, wired and wireless access technologies, and media analytics and innovation delivered as integrated, deployment-ready solutions is paving the way. Open is Now.”
To see the technology demonstrations, or to meet with Radisys’ open telecom experts at MWC, contact email@example.com.
Radisys, a global leader in open telecom solutions, enables service providers to drive disruption with new open architecture business models. Radisys’ innovative disaggregated and virtualized enabling technology solutions leverage open reference architectures and standards, combined with open software and hardware to power business transformation for the telecom industry, while its world-class services organization delivers systems integration expertise necessary to solve communications’ and content providers’ complex deployment challenges. For more information, visit www.Radisys.com.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.