- Radisys’ FlowEngine™ TDE-2000 delivers industry-leading density with up to 2 Tbps L2/L3 and 600 Gbps of advanced packet processing to support future traffic growth driven by SDN, NFV, 5G and IoT applications.
- The traffic distribution platform is designed with intelligent packet flow classification capabilities for service-aware traffic management for SDN/NFV architectures that scales, eliminating network bottlenecks and accelerating the introduction of new services and revenues.
- New 1RU platform design delivers maximum flexibility for deployment in multiple environments, including as an NFVI solution in Radisys’ DCEngine™ platform.
HILLSBORO, OR, – February 23, 2017 – Radisys® Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS), the services acceleration company, today announced a robust solution to deploy Software-defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) with the delivery of its FlowEngine™ TDE-2000. The FlowEngine TDE-2000 is an advanced high-performance carrier-grade open network switch, with unique packet flow classification and security features designed to reduce network complexity and accelerate new SDN, NFV, 5G and IoT service introductions, while delivering CapEx and OpEx savings.
The FlowEngine TDE-2000 platform delivers robust Layer 2 through 5 traffic classification and distribution with very high throughput and low latency. FlowEngine TDE-2000 is the new flagship offering in Radisys’ FlowEngine TDE portfolio, leveraging programmable network processors which makes it easy to add new features moving forward. FlowEngine TDE-2000 is designed to open standards, and brings together switching, load balancing, security and routing functionality under open policy control. The FlowEngine TDE-2000 also enables Service Function Chaining (SFC) functionality for distribution of traffic flows through a programmable sequence of virtualized network functions (VNFs).
“As service providers migrate from legacy networks to new virtualized telco data centers, they require a programmable, flexible and scalable traffic distribution platform that meets price/performance targets,” said Bryan Sadowski, vice president, FlowEngine and DCEngine, Radisys. “Our FlowEngine TDE-2000 delivers the highest density in the market in a 1RU platform and is readily deployable in multiple architectures as a standalone switch, Leaf/ToR, or Spine/EOR switching fabrics. The FlowEngine TDE-2000 also can be deployed as an NFVI solution in our DCEngine platform. The powerful combination of the TDE-2000 pre-integrated with our updated FlowEngine software enables our customers to accelerate their SDN and NFV deployments.”
“When Radisys launched its FlowEngine TDE portfolio, we reviewed how the platform met 16 network virtualization requirements very well. The Radisys FlowEngine TDE platform rapidly classifies flows and forwards them based on intelligent policies applied by the SDN orchestration while load balancing packets for the specified applications and network services to mitigate network bottlenecks,” noted Sue Rudd, Director Service Provider Analysis, Strategy Analytics. See complimentary summary ‘Reduce NFV Risk - Pursue Network Virtualization.’ She continued “The new FlowEngine TDE-2000 gives communications service providers a new compact high performance network platform for distributing NFV, 5G and IoT traffic across their virtualized networks.”
About the FlowEngine TDE-2000
The FlowEngine TDE-2000 is delivered in a 1RU platform, making it flexible for deployment in multiple environments. The platform supports a standards-based OpenFlow interface for flexible integration with SDN orchestrators including OpenDaylight and ONOS controllers for support of multiple architectures. In addition, the FlowEngine TDE-2000 also supports control planes and interfaces based on REST/NETCONF/YANG and is designed to support LinuxTC (Traffic Control). Key product highlights include:
- Delivers Layer 2-5 processing with up to 600 Gbps of advanced packet processing with configurations up to 20 x 100 Gbps ports.
- Incorporates programmable network processors, including multiple Mellanox NPS programmable network processors and Broadcom Tomahawk for up to 2 Tbps L2/L3 performance
- Provides open standard Service Function Chaining with Network Service Headers (NSH)
- Supports up to 50 million flow table entries including subscriber match tables and IP forwarding rules
- Network security with hardware-based encryption/decryption including VNFs with SFC
- Network Tap functionality including open standard IPFIX
- OpenDaylight controller support including Boron release
- ONOS controller support including GoldenEye and Hummingbird releases
- OCP ONIE support
- Industry-leading price performance
See the FlowEngine TDE-2000 at Mobile World Congress
Radisys will be showcasing the FlowEngine TDE-2000 at Mobile World Congress, February 27-March 2 in its Booth 5I61 in Hall 5. To meet with Radisys’ NFV and SDN experts during the show, contact email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
The FlowEngine TDE-2000 is currently available for field trials and is expected to be commercially available in Q2 2017. Download the FlowEngine TDE-2000 data sheet or contact sales at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Radisys helps communications and content providers, and their strategic partners, create new revenue streams and drive cost out of their services delivery infrastructure. Radisys’ hyperscale software defined infrastructure, service aware traffic distribution platforms, real-time media processing engines and wireless access technologies enable its customers to maximize, virtualize and monetize their networks. For more information about Radisys please visit www.radisys.com.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.