HILLSBORO, OR, U.S. – September 7, 2017 – Radisys® Corporation (NASDAQ: RSYS) today shared its strategy and evolution in corporate messaging, focusing on open architecture business models enabling disruption for the telecom industry. After working with some of the most advanced – and aggressive – open source communities targeted at communications service providers (CSPs) and partnering with technology leaders, Radisys is enabling highly interoperable, more easily integrated and practical to consume technologies, solutions and services that can make a significant difference in how CSPs meet customer demand and drive greater profits. “Open Radisys” is this commitment to disruptive business transformation.
- CSPs globally are challenged with having to compile and maintain dozens of disparate and proprietary network elements for each service and/or necessary network functions they deploy in their networks.
- This results in high CapEx and OpEx and is not sustainable as CSPs prepare for the onslaught of 50 billion connected devices that will strain network capacity and performance like never before.
- To break this cycle and accelerate service delivery innovation, CSPs are investing in cloud, software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) technologies based on open principles. By leveraging open platforms and DevOps methodologies, CSPs can transform their networks, eliminate vendor lock-in, reduce complexity, and lower costs.
- Radisys continues to invest in new open architectures to drive innovation and service provider disruption, while helping service providers break total vendor lock-in through
- Platforms that support open disaggregated architectures to deliver higher scale and performance with cloud economies,
- Open interfaces that drive easy interoperability,
- Strong investment and leadership in open ecosystems that fosters innovation,
- DevOps core philosophy for faster integration and turn-up,
- Systems integration expertise necessary to solve complex deployment challenges, while giving service providers the added benefit of de-risking their investments
- TCO Advantage: Radisys DCEngine™ has now been certified as OCP-INSPIRED™ – a unanimous decision by the OCP incubation committee consisting of leaders from AMD, AT&T, Facebook, Google, Hyve, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Verizon. This important certification reinforces the values of openness and OpEx savings that DCEngine brings to Radisys’ CSP customers. The open service delivery platform optimized for telco combined with OCP/Facebook’s legendary operations/support model results in nearly 40 percent reduction in TCO compared with legacy data center offerings.
- Open Innovation: fundamental to Radisys' strategy and earlier today, Radisys announced its MobilityEngine™ portfolio, based on open disaggregated architectures, is helping service providers globally evolve their access networks from LTE-Advanced to 5G. At upcoming MWC Americas (ONF Booth N332), Radisys will showcase an industry-first Multi-Access CORD (Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter) demonstration with a leading Tier 1 service provider. This is a huge step in mobility innovation as it allows any connected device to use more capacity for bandwidth-hungry applications.
Making open solutions a reality is Radisys’ unique strength. Radisys takes the pain out of open integration. With 30 years of deep telecom experience, Radisys’ services organization delivers turnkey integrated solutions that leverage a mix of open standards, open and proprietary components, and customizations to meet each service provider’s specific deployment requirements.
Brian Bronson, president and CEO, Radisys, said: “Open Radisys is our commitment to enable CSPs to disrupt their traditional networks with open architecture business models. With no material legacy incumbency in telecom networks, we’re able to help CSPs embrace open standards as they get ready for 5G. If a service provider wants to replace a traditional hardware vendor, decompose a particular network element, deploy an open reference implementation such as CORD or an open source radio access network, we get it done. Open Radisys is the best choice for open telecom solutions and I’m excited about the outlook for Radisys in this new DevOps era.”
Bill Carter, CTO, Open Compute Project (OCP), said: ““OCP enables open, efficient, scalable and impactful solutions as an alternative to proprietary solutions. While we achieved success in cloud data centers, Radisys has helped us to deliver these same open principles and open hardware to the carrier and telecom data center. Its contribution of the CG-OpenRack-19 specification is landmark for delivering a version of the OCP Open Rack architecture with additional carrier-grade features and telecom requirements. The CG-OpenRack-19 rack architecture allows the telecom industry to realize efficiency and scalability while also preserving backward compatibility (with traditional EIA310). We look forward to our continued relationship with Radisys and together driving innovation to the telecom industry.”
Guru Parulkar, Executive Director, Open Networking Foundation (ONF), said: “CORD has emerged a leading open source platform today, enabling CSPs to transform their networks into virtualized data centers to drive service delivery innovation. Radisys has played a key role in our success with its unequivocal commitment and contributions, including open sourcing its own EPC and RAN software, serving as a premier CORD systems integrator and delivering turnkey CORD solutions. ‘Open Radisys’ fills a critical role that the industry needs to accelerate carrier transformation and 5G innovation.”
Peter Jarich, chief analyst, Global Data, said: “With 5G and pervasive IoT on the horizon, many CSPs have begun to look to open technologies as a way to address top line (revenue growth) and bottom line (network transformation) agendas. But, they can’t do it on their own; big and small operators, alike, need support in planning and implementing the use of these technologies. Radisys’ strategic shift acknowledges the trend, coming at the right time.”
Radisys, a global leader in open telecom solutions, enables service providers to drive disruption with new open architecture business models. Radisys’ innovative disaggregated and virtualized enabling technology solutions leverage open reference architectures and standards, combined with open software and hardware to power business transformation for the telecom industry, while its world-class services organization delivers systems integration expertise necessary to solve communications and content providers’ complex deployment challenges. For more information, visit www.Radisys.com.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.