Solution enhances and accelerates high capacity 5G small cell development by OEMs/ODMs
HILLSBORO, OR, U.S. – September 27, 2022 – Radisys® Corporation, a global leader of open telecom solutions, today announced that its award-winning, Release 16 compliant, Connect RAN 5G CU/DU software will be integrated with the Qualcomm® FSM™200xx 5G RAN Platform for Small Cells to enable high capacity multi-band and multi-carrier 5G RAN solutions. 5G small cell solutions have been gaining traction as a way to enable additional capacity and coverage to networks when and where needed – both indoors and outdoors - due to their ease of installation and management. The integration of Radisys’ feature-rich 5G RAN CU/DU software will help enable OEMs to accelerate time-to-market for solutions based on Qualcomm Technologies’ latest small cell platform.
- Radisys’ 3GPP Release 16 compliant Connect RAN 5G CU/DU software, with concurrent Standalone (SA) and Non-standalone (NSA) support, combined with the Qualcomm FSM200xx baseband, will enable OEMs to build higher capacity, multi-carrier solutions for both FR1 and FR2 bands.
- Radisys’ Connect RAN 5G CU/DU software is performance-optimized on multiple industry-leading x86 and ARM based SoCs/NPUs.
- This software integrated with the Qualcomm FSM200xx on a wide choice of network processors and feature sets provides OEM/ODMs the flexibility to design 5G RAN solutions that address multiple business use cases and markets.
- Radisys’ Connect RAN software supports CU and DU Option-2 split based on the 3GPP, ORAN F1 interface and supports Option 6 / 7.x split options based on SCF nFAPI / FAPI. Combined with the Qualcomm FSM200xx, Radisys software provides an O-RAN compliant solution.
- Radisys’ Connect RAN S Release 16 software received the 2022 Small Cell Forum Outstanding Contribution to Small Cell Open RAN Platforms or Standards Development award, recognizing the way the software leverages multiple open RAN standards to easily integrate with existing and new network ecosystems to enable the rapid creation of elastic and agile 5G use cases across multiple industry verticals.
Gerardo Giaretta, Senior Director, Product Management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. says: “Small cells will continue to be foundational to the global proliferation of 5G, and Qualcomm Technologies is pleased to be working with industry leaders, such as Radisys, to continue to improve performance while streamlining deployments. By combining Radisys’ next generation CU/DU 5G software with Qualcomm Technologies’ latest 5G RAN platform for small cells, OEMs and ODMs will have a powerful toolkit for new multi-carrier small cells to improve 5G coverage and throughput.”
Munish Chhabra, SVP and general manager of Mobility Software and Services Business, Radisys, says: “Radisys is excited to continue its collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies to develop next-generation 5G RAN solution based on the Qualcomm FSM200xx 5G RAN Platform with Radisys Connect RAN Release 16 software. This solution will act as a catalyst for development and deployment of FR1/FR2 small cells extending the high capacity mobile broadband use cases to other verticals.”
Meet with Radisys at MWC Las Vegas
Experience Radisys’ disaggregated RAN solutions, including presentations and demonstrations of Connect 5G RAN software, at MWC Las Vegas, booth W2.937. To schedule a meeting with Radisys’ RAN experts, contact email@example.com.
Radisys, a global leader in open telecom solutions, enables service providers to drive disruption with new open architecture business models. Radisys’ innovative disaggregated and virtualized enabling technology solutions leverage open reference architectures and standards, combined with open software and hardware to power business transformation for the telecom industry, while its world-class services organization delivers systems integration expertise necessary to solve communications and content providers’ complex deployment challenges. For more information, visit www.radisys.com.
Radisys® is a registered trademark of Radisys. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Qualcomm and FSM are trademarks or registered trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Qualcomm FSM is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.