End-to-end SD-PON solution demonstration at Broadband World Forum
Broadband service providers are seeking to update their networks with next-generation PON solutions in order to manage exploding traffic – driven by an increase in residential and enterprise subscribers and the dynamic growth in bandwidth-intensive devices and applications.
During Broadband World Forum, taking place October 15-17 in Amsterdam, service providers and vendors will come together to “Separate Fact from Fiction” – the theme for this year’s event – and to discuss ways to upgrade, future-proof and monetize their networks.
While the discussions are important, real-world solutions are key. At this year’s event, Radisys will be demonstrating a complete end-to-end SD-PON solution – a next-generation PON access agnostic OLT based on disaggregated software and hardware components.
Our SD-PON framework is a physically decomposed “white box” solution from a multi-vendor ecosystem to provide SDN control. This allows broadband service providers to leverage one solution for all their broadband access networks, reducing costs and accelerating innovation. The solution showcases how SDN and cloud native attributes can truly boost manageability, scalability, and programmability for broadband access.
Radisys’ SD-PON capabilities include:
- Open network design enabling OLT vendor neutrality and deployment flexibility
- Access network agnostic technology (GPON/XGSPON/NG-PON2) with support for combo-PON on the same port, and support for 25G PON
- Service agility with highly programmable SDN control
- Support for VOLTHA using Radisys software
- Micro-services software enabling scalable network growth
- Centralized management enabling flexible tiered services and network slicing
- Future proof with cloud-native design
- Network hardened solution aligned with open communities
I invite you to visit us in Stand E52 throughout the event to see this exciting SD-PON technology demonstration. Also, don’t miss Radisys’ vice president of technology and strategy, Prakash Siva on the keynote panel discussion on “PON…GPON…XGPON…XGS-PON…The Future of PON” on October 16 starting at 5:05 pm.
About the AuthorMore Content by Neeraj Patel